Monday 21 April 2014

Silk-shading at the RSN and Hampton Court Palace...


Last Sunday I returned to Hampton Court Palace and the Royal School of Needlework for an introductory class in silk-shading. This was the the third of the day classes that I had booked after my first lovely two days at the RSN back in August. I was keen to try silk-shading as it is one of the core modules on the certificate course that I think I'd like to try at some point in the future.


I was in a different teaching room from those I've been in previously. It was on the other side of the palace courtyard with these lovely round windows looking out at the palace gardens. All around the room are examples of beautiful embroidery...

During a stroll in the gardens at lunch time, the spring bulbs are looking lovely...




And finally, here is what I'd managed to complete by the end of the day...

...as you can see from the faint blue outline of the pansy, I have a lot of homework to do to finish this project! And whilst this was meant to be the last of the courses I was undertaking at the RSN, I've since booked three more for during the summer and later in the autumn...

No comments:

Post a Comment