Sunday 14 July 2013

A sunny Saturday in Winchester...


Finally, a beautiful summer has been bestowed on England. On Saturday I drove down to Winchester to meet my friend C for lunch and an opportunity to enjoy the warmth and sunshine.

Winchester is a lovely cathedral and college town. We had a lovely lunch in the Wykeham Arms and then a wander through the town. On my way back to the car I took the opportunity to capture some of the lovely architecture which graces Winchester during the late afternoon sunlight...

















...and there were plenty of people out enjoying the weather in the cathedral precinct.

I'm off on a residential course this coming week, so the flat hunt will be put on hold until next weekend. The weather is set to continue fair for the next few days - so spending the days on a large university campus will hopefully offer more opportunities to enjoy it than my usual inner-city work place!

No comments:

Post a Comment