Friday 23 November 2012

Heather...

This beautiful young woman grew up, married, became a mother of three, a grandmother of eight and a great-grandmother of ten.

Through necessity as well as interest she was skilled in sewing, knitting, crocheting and embroidery - something she passed on to both my mother and myself.

My grandmother passed away this week - aged 98 years. I am flying back to Australia next week for a few days to attend her funeral and celebrate her long and fully lived life with my family. I will be giving her eulogy and already I'm discovering new stories about her as my cousins share their favourite memories - what a gift she has been to all of our lives...

2 comments:

  1. Very sorry to hear about the death of your grandmother. Hope you have a safe journey to Australia next week.
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Annie. Safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete