Wednesday 31 August 2011

A week in Cornwall...


Padstow
Last week I spent a week down in Cornwall...staying in a small cottage without internet access (hence the lack of blog posts!). My mother had been visiting me from abroad and had never been to Cornwall. When we booked the cottage back in May, I also thought we'd be enjoying a week of warm, sunny, late summer weather. But, the British summer has been a dismal failure, so it was more a week of cloudy skies and showers.
But, a lovely and relaxed time was had. I've inlcuded a few images of our week away - as you can tell I have just discovered instagram. There were two standout highlights of places that we visited that deserve their own blog post - stay tuned.

Driftwood Cottage, Porthpean - our home away from home

The rustic, coastal inspired interior

Lands End

And of course, a trip to Cornwall would not be complete without a Cornish cream tea...


No comments:

Post a Comment