Tuesday 26 July 2011

Making cushions...

Whilst I wait (...and wait) for the day when I can finally put into place all of my long-held aspirations to renovate and decorate a home, I have to be content with the little touches I can make to my tiny rented flat.
I love all of the embellished neutrals that are currently so popular, but in the interest of making do and mending, I decided to make two new cushions for the sitting room. I started with some cheap french linen that I purchased on ebay several years ago that had been sitting in a storage container under the bed, and this was the result...



Using mother of pearl buttons for a simple embellishment




White embroidery



A closer view of the embroidery...



The reverse side of the embroidered cushion - backed with a lovely Amy Butler fabric for some added quirkiness


I'm quite pleased with how they have turned out...what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment